Enable Weboptimizers Pty Ltd ABN 89 142 812 048 (Weboptimizers) offers web development solutions, search engine optimisation solutions and other digital marketing services to its clients.
Health information includes information about the health of a person, or health services provided to them.
Personal information generally means information or opinions about a person who is reasonably identifiable from that information. Personal information includes sensitive information.
Sensitive information includes information about a person’s beliefs or associations as well as health information about a person.
Terms are more fully defined in the Privacy Act.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Weboptimizers collects personal information from you for the following purposes (together, the Primary Purpose):
- to deliver the products and services that you request;
- to engage third party contractors for the purpose of Weboptimizers providing the goods and/or services you request;
- to provide you with information about the goods and services you request;
- to personalise and customise your experience with Weboptimizers;
- to help Weboptimizers review, manage and enhance its services;
- to communicate with you;
- for identity verification;
- for administration purposes, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- to promote and market those of our other products and services which Weboptimizers consider may be of interest to you;
- when considering making offers of employment to job applicants and prospective employees or for employment purposes; and
- to receive services from you or the organisation which employs you.
In addition to the Primary Purpose, Weboptimizers may use the personal information it collects and you consent to Weboptimizers using your personal information to:
- communicate with you, including by email, telephone and mail;
- provide you with news about any of Weboptimizers’ products and services;
- send you marketing and promotional material that you may be interested in;
- manage and enhance products and/or services;
- manage and enhance your experience on Weboptimizers’ website and domains;
- conduct surveys or promotions;
- to monitor who is accessing the website or using services offered on the website;
- to profile the type of people accessing Weboptimizers’ website.
- investigate any complaints about, or made by you, or if Weboptimizers have reason to suspect you have breached any relevant terms and conditions; and
- as required or permitted by any law.
Unless otherwise provided by law, Weboptimizers will not collect, hold, use or disclose sensitive information without your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, Weboptimizers will comply with its obligations under Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth).
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS COLLECTED
The nature and extent of personal information Weboptimizers collects varies depending on your particular interaction with Weboptimizers. Weboptimizers will obtain personal information directly from you (or someone representing themselves as your employee or agent).
Personal information that we commonly collect from you may include but is not limited to:
- your name, position, date of birth and/or gender;
- your contact details including your address, telephone number and email address;
- your financial information including credit card and banking information, business references, details about your business, your Australian Company Number and/or Australian Business Number;
- the nature of products or services being sought by you; and
- your occupation.
Weboptimizers also collects information that is not personal information, such as data relating to your activity on its website such as your device information including your location, unique identifiers and device type and your connection information including your IP address, browser type, session information.
Weboptimizers obtains and collects personal information contained in job applications from job applicants and other details relevant to the job application such as information obtained from referees. It also collects contact details of certain personnel of entities with which it contracts.
HOW WEBOPTIMIZERS USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
- for purposes which are related to the Primary Purpose or for purposes otherwise set out herein;
- if we obtain your consent to do so; or
- if otherwise required or permitted by law.
Weboptimizers will not use your personal information for any purpose for which you would not reasonably expect us to use your personal information. Additionally, we will not disclose your sensitive information without your consent, unless there is a need to disclose such information in accordance with the Privacy Act or to comply with any law or other regulatory requirement.
Weboptimizers uses the contact details of personnel of those organisations with which it contracts (such as contractors, service providers, suppliers etc.) for the purpose of contacting those entities and conducting its business relationships with those organisations. In addition, Weboptimizers also obtains personal information contained in job applications from job applicants for the purposes of assessing that job applicant for the position applied. In some cases, that information may also be used to contact the person about other positions that subsequently become available.
Weboptimizers’ website uses various web analytics services/softwares such as Google Analytics. These services/softwares track website traffic data. They do not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by them. Weboptimizers may use reports provided by these web analytics services/softwares to help it understand website traffic and webpage usage.
HOW WEBOPTIMIZERS DISCLOSES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Weboptimizers does not use or disclose any personal information about individuals without their consent, unless:
- in accordance with the Primary Purpose or as otherwise set out herein;
- required or permitted by law; or
- to protect the personal safety of any member of the public.
Weboptimizers may disclose personal information to third party service providers within and outside of Australia, in addition to regulatory authorities and ethics committees as required and permitted under the Privacy Act.
YOU CAN ACCESS THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WEBOPTIMIZERS HOLDS
If at any time you want to update or know what personal information Weboptimizers holds, you are welcome to access your record by contacting Weboptimizers using the details set out below. Your information will generally be made available to you within 14 days of receiving your request.
If you make such a request, you will be asked for identification so that Weboptimizers can verify your identity before providing you with your personal information. If you require personal information to be presented in an alternative format, Weboptimizers will make reasonable efforts to accommodate you. If there is an associated charge to Weboptimizers in order to retrieve your personal information, we will advise you of the charges that you would be responsible for and obtain your authorisation before proceeding.
Weboptimizers may not be able to give you access to personal information where such access would result in disclosure of other individuals’ personal information, would result in a breach of a contract, or would result in disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to Weboptimizers or a third party.
Weboptimizers reserves the right to not provide access to individuals if the request for access is frivolous or vexatious, or falls into another relevant exception category. Weboptimizers may impose reasonable charges for such access.
CHANGING AND DELETING THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WEBOPTIMIZERS HOLDS
Weboptimizers will take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is accurate, up-to-date and complete and notify you of any such changes. If you wish to update your personal information, please contact Weboptimizers to amend your record accordingly (see contact details below).
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact Weboptimizers and Weboptimizers will take all reasonable steps to delete it. In circumstances where Weboptimizers is required to retain personal information, it may not be able to delete your personal information. Such circumstances may include, for example, where Weboptimizers is required to retain personal information by law or regulation, to continue to manage certain programs, for the purpose of actual or possible legal proceedings, or for certain necessary business purposes.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is stored on secure servers, cloud servers, or in hardcopy paper records stored in a secure location. Weboptimizers requires its employees and/or contractors to protect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Weboptimizers.
Where personal information is disclosed by Weboptimizers to third parties, such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality and security of all personal information held by it on our behalf.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information held by us if we no longer need to hold the information for the purpose it was collected and we are not otherwise required by law to retain the information.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM OR QUESTION
If Weboptimizers becomes aware of any ongoing concerns or problems relating to other privacy practices, it will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns.
- Your name and address; and
- Details of the alleged breach of privacy.
Weboptimizers takes complaints seriously, and upon receipt will examine the complaint and investigate or review internal procedures to ensure Weboptimizers continues to comply with the Privacy Act.
Please allow us 30 days to investigate your complaint, after which we will contact you to resolve the issue.